A fire extinguisher is something which we need in our day to day life. It plays a very important role in maintaining our safety. Fire extinguisher makes us feel safe very often, but the only problem is that people do not have a clear idea about the product because most of them have never used it once in their life. Today we will be talking about fire extinguishers so that you can get a clear idea about how they work and how you can use them. The most important thing that you will need to do is simply check for the correct fire extinguisher for your building so that you have a clear idea that if you have the right fire extinguisher or not.
Classifications of Fire extinguisher
A fire extinguisher can be classified into different types. The classification totally depends on the type of fire it will be effective inside. Here are the categories of Fire extinguisher which is available globally.
- Class A Fire Extinguisher- This Fire extinguisher is suited for all the freely burning carbonaceous materials such as fabric, paper, and wood.
- Class B Extinguisher- This kind of fire extinguishers are used for diesel, petrol, oil or liquid fire of any types.
- Electrical Extinguishers- This extinguisher comes in handy when there is any kind of fire which is electric. They also work perfectly on flammable liquids.
- Class D Extinguisher- This specialist extinguisher is known for combustion metals and it will work perfectly for Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium.
- Class F Extinguisher- This is a special extinguisher which is designed for Deep Fat Fryers which generally use cooking oils.
How Fire extinguisher exactly work?
The simple rule that all fire extinguishers work on is also known as the Fire Triangle. This term is generally used to describe all the three components which are very necessary for the fire to stop. It is simply the combination of Fuel, Oxygen, and Heat.
All the homes and offices are recommended to have a Fire extinguisher handy because they are very important and helps to control fire at all times. Fire extinguishers are generally maintained on a yearly basis or half yearly basis. So if you are getting one for your home or for your office make sure to get them checked on a regular basis so that they work when you actually need them to.
How to use a Fire extinguisher?
Using a Fire extinguisher is very simple. The first thing that you need to do is simply pull the lever and release the cap of the extinguisher. Once the seal is broken you can take up the nozzle and aim it towards the fire and open the safe and simply sprat all over.
If you have already used a Fire extinguisher before then you know how heavy, they could so make sure you keep that in mind in case of a fire. Always keep the fire extinguisher in a place which is handy for everyone and can be reached at ease.